All fields are required.

Close Appointment form

Animal Control

Division of Animal Control
400 Revere Beach Pkwy
Revere, MA 02151

Monday – Friday
7:00am – 3:00pm
(or by appointment)

Animal Control Officer
Anthony Masiello
(781) 286 – 8345

[email protected]


DSCN0788The mission of the Revere Police Department of Animal Control is to balance the health, safety and welfare needs of the people and animals in our City. Our mission is accomplished by working with our citizens and other animal welfare organizations; by enforcing the domestic animals laws of the Commonwealth and our City, providing educational programs and humanely providing care, nourishment and a safe environment for the unwanted, stray, abused and abandoned animals in our City. We will educate the public about responsible companion animals ownership, aggressively investigate animal cruelty cases, find homes for the homeless animals and humanely euthanize the unwanted animals in our community. Working in conjunction with the MSPCA, the Massachusetts Animal Coalition, and The North Shore Animal Hospital, we hope to provide the best service for you and care for your animals. For additional help or information, please visit the Animal Rescue League of Boston.

Register Your Pet

Revere Animal Control Announces Pet Clinic and Pet Registering:

When: April 26, 2008

Time: 9am – Noon

Where: Central Fire Station, Broadway, Revere

City Ordinance:

6.04.110 Penalty–Failure to license dog

The failure of a dog owner to license his or her dog pursuant to the applicable provisions of the General Laws shall be considered a violation of this section subject to the penalty set forth in Section 1.16.010. (C.O. 81-293 (part): prior revision � 4-11)

1.16.010 Designated

A. Whoever violates a provision of any ordinance, whether of these Revised Ordinances or any other ordinance enacted after the adoption of this revision shall, unless otherwise provided by law or ordinance, be liable to a penalty of not more than three hundred dollars for each offense.

B. Except where otherwise specifically provided, each day any violation of any provision of these Revised Ordinances or any other such ordinance continues shall constitute a separate offense. (C.O. 81-293(b) � 4; C.O. 78-56; prior revision � 1-7)

Dog Bites

**Note that if a victim of a dog or other animal bite requires immediate medical assistance, call 9-1-1 immediately.**

All animal bites should be considered serious. The primary cause of bites reaching a serious nature is infection. The wound should be washed with soap and water as soon as possible and contact made with your doctor. If the wound is bleeding, apply pressure and go to a hospital. If you choose to treat the wound at home, after washing the wound, apply antibiotic cream and bandage. If you are unsure if the victim is currently vaccinated for tetanus make an appointment with your doctor to do so. If the wound becomes sensitive or swollen seek medical attention.

All animal bites should be reported to animal control within 24 hours. The Department of Animal Control is concerned with monitoring the health status of all biting animals. If the owner of a biting animal is violating the law by allowing a vicious animal to run loose a citation may be issued. Most bites are from an animal the victim is closely associated with. Contact should be made with Animal Control to insure the safety of all involved. If the owner of the biting animal is unknown the animal should be contained until animal control can respond and take the animal into custody. If the animal is not friendly do not attempt to contain it, the animal may be followed from a vehicle to determine where it lives or to assist animal control in locating it. To insure the victims safety post exposure shots should be discussed with your doctor or the animal quarantined. An animal quarantine may be conducted at the dog owners home, if considered responsible, or at the shelter. If during the ten days while under quarantine the animal shows no sign of the disease, the victim will not require treatment.

Wildlife Complaint

People in Massachusetts are often surprised at the many kinds of wildlife living in residential areas, including urban areas. Some types of wildlife thrive in these kinds of places, mostly due to greater food and shelter availability compared to rural environments.Wildlife crossing roads, nesting, hunting and feeding in and around homes and businesses, making noise, and leaving their droppings (scat) are common occurrences.

Please visit the Massachusetts WildLife Page, or choose a doument below:

Note: Files in PDF format will require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.

  • “Living With Wildlife” Series – Information on wildlife that is commonly found or seen near people. Tips on how to avoid conflicts and enjoying wildlife responsibly are included.
  • Problem Animal Control (PAC) Information on wildlife with which you may have a conflict. Tips on preventing future problems and a listing of license Problem Animal Control agents who you can hire in case you don’t want to “do-it-yourself.”
  • Wildlife Rehabilitation – Only licensed rehabilitators may care for sick or injured wildlife. This is a list of rehabilitators who can be contacted should you encounter sick or injured wildlife.
  • Young Wildlife Belongs in the Wild – Found a baby bird, bunny or fawn? Refrain from the understandable impulse of trying to “rescue” them except in certain cases. In most cases these animals are NOT abandoned. This page will explain what is best for young wildlife and how you best can give them a chance at survival.
  • Moving Wild Animals is Against the Law – “Can I live-trap and move wildlife somewhere else?” This is illegal, impractical and in many cases unhealthy for the animal in question. Learn more about this situation in which you or neighbors may find yourselves.

Barking Dog Complaints

What are the laws dealing with barking dogs?

It is an animal owners responsibility to ensure that their dog is not making excessive noises, resulting in the disturbance of another. Revere Police Animal Control encourages neighbors to speak with an offending dog owner, or leave a note before requesting animal control assistance. Most often a dog owner is unaware of his dogs offensiveness to others. If, after contact with a neighbor, no change results in the animal’s behavior, animal control should be notified. Animal Control Officer Masiello will contact the dog owner, inform them of the complaint and provide them with a copy of the city ordinance fine and possible solutions. If the noise continues you must realize that your assistance will play an important part to the solution. Because a nuisance takes place over an extended period of time, unlike loud music or a party, documentation will be necessary to determine if the noise is a nuisance. A video tape recording of the animal will assist in showing that this, without question, is the problem animal. The video will also provide the city with a sample of the noises being made by the dog. If the dog owner is issued a citation, you will be required to appear in court to testify to the nature of the noise. The city recommends having a second neighbor agree and be willing to file a formal complaint as well.

City Ordinances:

6.04.080 Noisy dogs

Any dog which, by biting or frequent or habitual barking, howling or yelping, or in any way or manner, injures or disturbs the quiet of any person or the community or which disturbs or endangers the comfort, repose or health of persons, is committing a nuisance. It is unlawful for any owner or person having custody of such dog to harbor or permit it to commit such nuisance. Violation of this section is subject to the penalties set forth in Section 6.04.100. (Prior revision § 4-8)

Report Animal Cruelty

To report suspected animal neglect and/or cruelty, please visit the MSPCA web site.